Free Pearls of Wisdom is basically a weekly bible verse and what that verse means to us. We are so wise that we thought we would share our pearls of wisdom with those less fortunate! FOR FREE, no less!:) So, Today's Pearl of Wisdom comes from the book of I Timothy. By the way, if you have never read I Timothy, you should, it's got great names in there, like Hymenaeus...you don't want to miss out on them! Anyways, here is the first Bible verse:
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. I Timothy 4:1-3.
So basically, skipping past all the other meaning there and gettting straight to the point, this means that forbiddng to marry is a sign of departing from the faith! And I feel like that is very important, especially considering that later on in I Timothy 5:14 he talks about how he feels the younger women should marry! And for all you younger women out there who want to get married, now you have something to bring your pastor! (Just don't mention me, okay? HA!)
Well, there's today's FREE PEARL OF WISDOM! Now, I gotta go, Gonna find me a groom!:)
--Cara
(BY THE WAY, THESE PEARLS OF WISDOM ARE FREE, BUT WE ARE ACCEPTING CASH TIPS)
5 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!
OMW!!!
LUV it!!!
lol!!! so very insightful...what would we do without yalls pearls of ****ACHEM**** wisdom!!!! {cough}
You guys need a WINTER themed blog!!!!! The palm trees are dead now!!!!!!!!!!!!! uuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!
Shan, Idk what u'd do without us...you would probably need a pyschatrist or somethin! And I hear those hurt somethin terrible!
---CARA
Whitlz,
Very insightful! We'll look into it!
--Kelsi
Post a Comment